Why learn how to up-cycle ?
By learning simple up-cycling techniques you can turn old clothing you no longer want into brand new garments you do want and will wear. You will also learn simple tricks to make your garments fit better. It doesnt matter if you have never sown before the techniques we will be teaching will be simple enough that anyone will be able to understand them and apply them.
In this workshop you will learn:
- the principles of up cycling
- why up-cycling is important
- how to do a seam by hand & machine
- different up-cycling techniques
- how to fray & distress denim
- How to sew on a button and a zipper
- How to make something fit better at the waist
- how to find perfect things to up-cycle at thrift shops
- how/why you make a difference in the world just by choosing to up-cycle
**everyone is required to bring their own items to up-cycle, I will provide some used garments you can use to combine with what you bring but you are required to bring at least two items to up-cycle from your closet we suggest you bring something you want to get rid of or haven't worn in over a year.
If you have any questions you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org